The NSW GBOTA is currently seeking to work with GRNSW and GWIC on a range of educational items for the benefit of participants.
One of these items is understanding and mitigating risk. Here are a few helpful reminders to protect your racing experience:
- Good hygiene is a safe guard to many issues in racing, Therefore ensure water bowls and muzzles are cleaned between racing
- Wash your hands regularly, particularly after consuming food and beverages. Too often we see people consume a coffee or soft drink and then handle a greyhound
- Know your rights when kennelling. You can request a torch be supplied for checking of kennels. Be sure to check all internal walls, floor and ceiling
- Ensure you complete kennel transfers quickly with the relevant governing body
- If you have a concern make it known straight away. This includes unknown persons patting your dog at a presentation, a lack of process etc.
- Keep your records in order